CSTA...Where California Science Teachers Connect
Join Us in Delivering High Quality Science Education in California
You Are Invited to Join with Other California Science Teachers To:
- Keep Updated on NGSS Implementation
- Gather at the Annual Conference
- Enhance Your Knowledge & Skills
- Share Teaching Tools & Resources
- Influence State Education Policy
As the advocate for high quality science education in California for more than 50 years, the California Science Teachers Association (CSTA) offers networking, professional development, and advocacy to ensure state policies and legislation support you in inspiring your students. Join our community of more than 2,500 K-6, middle school, and high school science teachers, college faculty, and educators.
Stay Current on NGSS
Rely on CSTA to keep you informed of the latest developments on Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core implementation. Through the annual conference, updates on hot issues, newsletter and website resources, CSTA will help you understand the new requirements and provide beneficial ideas and strategies recommended by science teachers.
CSTA will keep you abreast of new standards and provide useful information to help you adapt your teaching.
Network at the California Science Education Conference
Your CSTA membership enables you to attend CSTA’s annual professional development conference at a discounted rate. This is the ideal place to discuss changes impacting California science teachers, and learn new methods to enhance your curriculum.
Become a Presenter
Members are encouraged to submit presentation proposals to share best practices, experiences, and ideas at the annual conference. Presenters gain additional registration discounts.
Discover Best Practices & Resources
New as well as experienced teachers appreciate CSTA’s range of resources:
- Connect with other science teachers regionally and state-wide
- Enhance your teaching and knowledge of science
- Gather information about best practices through networking
- Attend regional and statewide professional development seminars
- Become a mentor to support new teachers
- Gain leadership skills by joining the CSTA board and committees
Find Useful Teaching Tools
Be inspired and get critical information quickly on CSTA’s two robust websites.
On www.cascience.org, you’ll find the most current information on NGSS for California, job openings, links to free and low cost teaching resources, conference information, and member only resources.
Go to www.classroomscience.org to learn how other teachers are adapting their curriculum in response to NGSS and Common Core as well as other classroom tips. You’ll also find:
- Calendar of events (which can be filtered by region)
- Science education news and free classroom tools
- California legislative and policy updates
- Award applications for you and your students
Impact Education Policy Decisions
You have a voice in Sacramento through CSTA. As the advocate for high quality science education in California for more than 50 years, the California Science Teachers Association has influenced state education policies and assures that science teachers’ views are represented.
Benefits of Membership
Join with other teachers who share your passion for science, want to inspire their students, and have realized the benefits of an association advocating their interests at the state level.
Your $50 Annual Membership Lets You:
- Register at a discounted rate for CSTA conferences and events
- Network with other teachers who share your interests
- Stay up-to-date with email alerts and CSTA websites
- Attend professional development on NGSS and more
- Participate in association leadership and become involved at a state-wide level
- Be an advocate for high quality science education for all students in the State of California
- Enjoy discounts at OfficeMax, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and more
Any organization or institution interested in advancing and supporting the purposes, goals and objectives of CSTA may join CSTA as a non-voting Chapter member. A Chapter member organization is a dues-paying organization whose roots and allegiances are to promoting science education in California. A Chapter member is entitled to the following benefits of membership:
- May publicize its events, free of charge in the on-line event calendar and with a side-column ad (235 px X 235 px) for up to two months, in the Association’s newsletter, California Classroom Science . The chapter would be responsible for providing the side-column ad in a publication ready format.
- May receive up to three times per year a mailing list in an Excel (.xls) format of all CSTA members in its region or within the zip codes which it serves who have not opted-out of having their information shared.
- May set up a table at CSTA conferences to recruit members, at no cost to the Chapter. Location of the table to be at the discretion of CSTA.
- Other benefits as from time to time may be determined by the CSTA Board of Directors.
Joint 1-Year NSTA/CSTA Membership: $114 (a $129 value)
Science teachers in California can now enjoy membership in two quality science organizations for one low price! CSTA and NSTA have joined together to offer members a discount on membership when you select the joint membership option. Join on the NSTA website - look under "Membership Type" for the joint NSTA/CSTA Optioin)
First and Second Year Teachers:
Get two years' CSTA membership for the price of one! Join CSTA at the new teacher member rate of $50 and get two years for the price of one! We will verify your date of initial credential with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing – no need to fill out any extra paperwork – simply select the New Teacher Membership option when joining. Want to pay by check? Download a membership form.
Current Members: Get three, get one free
Current CSTA members who bring in three new members will get their following year's membership free! Introduce your colleagues to the benefits of belonging to their professional organization and get a year's free membership in the bargain. Send in memberships for three individuals who are not and have not been CSTA members for at least three years; new memberships must be submitted at the same time. Download this membership form for your colleagues (don't forget to fill in your name at the bottom!) and send all three in at the same time.
The California Science Teachers Association is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization and your donation may be tax deductible. Membership and donations are the backbone of the important work CSTA engages in to promote high quality science education.
- 1-Year Membership
- 1-Year Membership
- Enjoy a full year of CSTA membership.
- 1-Year Joint Membership
- 1-Year Joint Membership
- Joint Membership includes (CSTA & NSTA - a $129 value) available only via the NSTA website.
- 3-Year Membersship
- 3-Year Membership
- A 20% discount!
- New Teacher
- New Teacher Membership
- New Teacher (1st or 2nd Year Only) – 2 years of membership
- Lifetime Membership
- Lifetime Membership
- Never pay dues again!
- Retired Teacher
- Retired Teacher Membership
- Thank you for your service and continued support!
- Preservice Teacher
- Preservice Teacher Membership
- Available only to undergraduate and credential students.