on line now.
Individual members of CSTA enjoy:
- The timely content of California
Classroom Science, CSTA's monthly e-newspaper,
full of news articles, resources, classroom ideas, science
activities and events, and more . . . available online,
archived by subject, and with special sections accessible
to CSTA members only. (Make sure we have your current email
address on file for receiving notices when the new issue
is available!) Click
here to subscribe.
- Reduced members-only prices on selected CSTA
- Reduced registration fees at CSTA's annual California
Science Education Conference and other CSTA events.
- Reduced registration fees to professional development
events sponsored by select CSTA partners (such as the UC
Museum of Paleontology).
- The opportunity to play a statewide leadership role by
serving on the CSTA Board of
- The opportunity to apply for mini-grants and field experiences
- A chance to garner recognition for your accomplishments
through CSTA Awards:
The Margaret Nicholson Distinguished Service Award, and
the Future Science Teacher Award.
- Access to "members
only" sections on CSTA's website where you will find
members-only publications and more resources.
- The full power of the state's largest professional organization
specifically for science teachers—working for you at the
state level to influence state policies that enhance your
profession. Check out some
of our successes! Only through your membership, can
CSTA keep up these advocacy efforts.
on line now.
a membership form to mail or fax in.
Check out our
Download a membership
Any organization or institution interested in advancing and
supporting the purposes, goals and objectives of CSTA may
join CSTA as a non-voting Chapter member. A Chapter member
organization is a dues-paying organization whose roots and
allegiances are to promoting science education in California.
A Chapter member is entitled to the following benefits of
- May publicize its events, free of charge in the on-line
event calendar and with a side-column ad (235 px X 235 px)
for up to two months, in the Association's newsletter, California
Classroom Science. The chapter would be responsible
for providing the side-column ad in a publication ready
- May receive up to three times per year a mailing list
in an Excel (.xls) format of all CSTA members in its region
or within the zip codes which it serves who have not opted-out
of having their information shared.
- May be entitled to receive liability coverage for its
conferences and workshops from CSTA's insurance carrier,
under certain conditions.
- May set up a table at CSTA conferences to recruit members,
at no cost to the Chapter.
- Other benefits as from time to time may be determined
by the CSTA Board of Directors.